Google to open retail stores to compete with Apple Stores. Only to compete with Apple Stores? They completely ignore the Microsoft Store’s across the country. The best thing about Google and their
entry into the retail arena, is that there are plenty of empty store fronts in the shopping malls across the country.
Google to open retail stores to compete with Apple Stores
Google is launching retail stores by the end of the year to sell its own products we’re reporting over at 9to5Google. Will Google try to squeeze into the local Mall between the new Microsoft Store and the existing Apple Store? Will they be able to supplant some of Apple’s MacBook sales with their $249 Chromebooks? iPhones with Nexuses? Find out more.
- Cook: Apple Stores aren’t just stores, they are gathering places, entertainment venues, and Prozac (9to5mac.com)
- Apple Store also drops prices of refurbished Retina MacBook Pros (now start at $1359) and MacBook Airs (9to5mac.com)
- Tim Cook | Apple Town Hall meeting (9to5mac.com)
- Leaked video shows Google-made ‘Chromebook Pixel’ with 2560 x 1700 touchscreen display? (9to5google.com)
(Via 9 to 5 Mac.)
While the events in Aurora, Colorado this past Friday are at the forefront of many peoples minds, let us not be so distracted that we lose site of ongoing issues confronting everyone in the United States.
1. Weekly jobless claims shot up to 386,000.
2. Foreclosures are hitting our most vulnerable citizens.
3. Factory activity contracted for a second month in a row.
4. Home sales dropped a whopping 5.4% – the biggest drop in nine months.
5. Retail sales dropped for the third straight month.
6. Consumer confidence dipped to 84.7.
7. U.S. business inventories increased by .3%…
8. …sales dropped .1%.
9. Food prices are skyrocketing.
10. More Americans are getting federal disability than jobs.
Oh, and we can’t forget:
Unemployment rose in June in six of 10 battleground states that could play a pivotal role in the presidential election, reflecting job cuts in some cases and weak payroll growth in others.
But not just those 6 states:
Unemployment rates rose in 27 states last month, the most in almost a year.
And now with that horrible mass murder two days ago the media can try their best to keep gun control on the front pages instead of the horrible economic mess our President has gotten us into. They will be incessant, guaranteed. The puppet masters already sent out their orders, as you can tell with idiotic articles like these, and want to keep this issue front and center. As they tried to do with immigration. As they tried to do with Bain. But what they obviously fail to understand is that this economy is affecting everyone. From the janitor who lost his job to the business owner who can’t afford to keep that janitor.
The tragedy itself, and the victims, will be news as it should be. The politicization of the tragedy by Obama and pals should not be.
(Via Flopping Aces.)
Initially people look at this and see something “On Sale.” However reading the signage again you’ll note that the item is “As Advertised.”
The retailer has extra of these items, and so has put them in their weekly ad to move out of the store. Putting them on a gondola in the middle of an aisle, also helps to stop the flow of customer traffic to make sure they notice the products that are being promoted.