November 15, 2011
16 Quotes Visualized from The End of Business as Usual
I believe I have this Book in my Audible Library. Now to go find it.
The other day I saw a Tweet that caught my attention. It read “16 Reasons Why You Should Read the End of Business as Usual” and included a link. I ended up on the site of Josh Duncan who publishes visual summaries of information that moves him. I was intrigued and decided to click through the 16 quotes from the book that motivated him to take the time to create a presentation. To put it simply, I was moved and felt the need to share it with you here. To be honest however, 16 barely scratches the surface. And as you read the book, I hope you’ll be inspired to share the passages that grabbed you.
The End of Business as Usual – Presentation Transcript
1. A digital presence is just a way of life.
2. People will always talk about you so,Give them something to talk about.
3. Attention is a precious commodity.
4. The Millenial generation, or as they are often called, Generation Me, represent one-quarter of the American population. 70% of Millennials feel that once they find a company or product they like, they keep coming back. 47% will write about their positive experience online with companies and products online. On the flipside, 39% will share negative encounters.
5. You are the center of your ego-system. Your connections and networks build a framework for how, when, and where information finds you.
6. With or without realization, we have become curators, carefully selecting the experiences that move us, colored with our thoughts and observations, to cater to our audiences of our audiences and hopefully to those who, in turn, follow them.
7. Connected consumers understand that through the concentration of connections, their social experiences, digital literacy, and the value of content that populates their streams are intensified.
8. News no longer breaks, it tweets.
9. The audience within the audience redefines the living room. It is the new consumer landscape.
10. If in the real world, actions speak louder than words, in the realm of digital influence, actions speak louder than scores.
11. To understand the mindset of the connected consumer, one must realize that everything begins with search and intent.
12. Sharing our purchases and experiences serve as social objects, which are catalysts for sparking conversations and creating perceptions.At the center of this discussion is the product.
13. Discerning consumers not only expect immediate access to information, they expect CLOSURE .
14. We are competing for the moment. We are competing for the future. We are competing for relevance.
15. The rise of the socially connected consumer warrants much more than attention; it requires an understanding of what motivates them to click, act, and share.
16. Brands are either part of the conversation or they’re not and as a result, they’re either part of the decision-making cycle or they’re absent from the heart, mind, and actions of the connected customer.
Order The End of Business as Usual today…
Image Credit: Studio Biyan
(Via Brian Solis – PR 2.0.)